Monday, May 9, 2016

My idol leader

Praise to Allah for still keeping Malaysia in harmony. Today, i felt like writing about my take on what is happening in Malaysia. 

I love my country, Malaysia. We live in such a wonderful country, we live in harmony despite having 3 different races in one country. I'm proud at the fact that most Malaysian respect other races and religion as they are. I love the food in Malaysia, I love the people and in general, there's so much to love about Malaysia. 

Growing up, I wanted to be a politician, because when i was a kid, i remember my late grandfather, Mohd Jiwa, he told me, 'Ap, kalau ap besar nanti, ap kena selalu tolong orang, ap kena 'Jiwa' besaq. ' For some reason, i still remember that, and i was in the impression that politician help others. 

At that time, Tun was the Prime Minister, and i was in awe of him. 

When i was a kid, i loved helping out in the surau near my house and i was quite famous among the surau people. I was only like 5 or 6 when i started doing that. Also, I always carry my teacher's books in school and when i come in the class or go out of the class, i would go and Salam my teacher as a sign of respect and to get their blessing. 

I remember when i was in Kolej Tuanku Jaafar, i went to my teacher to salam, and my teacher was shocked, and when i offered to carry her books and bags, she was even more shocked and soon i became the teacher pet. People thought i was sucking up to the teacher when i was just doing my responsibility as a student towards my teachers. 

When i was a kid, it was a normal thing to do those things. My mom and dad taught me when i was younger to always help others and in one way or another you will get the help that you need when you need it. 

These are some normal culture then. I'm sure if you ask the teachers today, they would tell you how many rude students they have. Before, we used to just respect someone who is older than us, but now, the concept is different, it is, 'Why should i respect you if you don't earn my respect?' Respecting other should be in everyone nature, not just when you get respect. 

It is sad to see what our country has become. We have people like Tun Mahathir, who has built the nation, being disrespected. It is really sad to see. 

Let me just put things in perspective on what Tun has done for us. We have experience extraordinary economic growth during his tenure. In 1975 before Tun was a PM, Malaysian GDP percapita was USD 1750, and in 1998, almost 15 years after Tun took over, It was at USD 4251.

He Eliminated extreme poverty and hunger with his policies such as the NEP(New Economic Policy) and the NDP(National Development Policy) which complement the Vision 2020. The vision 2020 was formulated in the year 1991 and actually projected a vision for 3 decades to come. 

Tun formulated our core development philosophy policies and plans suited to our circumstances and needs. 

From those policies, with his strong leadership, the people became smarter and stronger, he made education accessible and asked us to look east instead of the west. If you look at Japan, they are actually more islamic than us the islam when it comes to their behavior. They respect everyone, they word hard, they have real good values. 

As a result of his leadership, my very father became a successful businessman. He didnt help my father directly, but his policies made it easy for people like my father to become successful. There were a lot of business oppurtunities back then for people to grab. 

As a result, Malaysia progress so fast, like never before. We have skyscrapers, we have our own national car, we have our own people being an astronaut, we lived in a harmonious condition and everyone was happy and grateful. We have to thank Tun for all that he has done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment